i play guit/vox in a band called "no longer micah"

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Shane's answered prayer

Shane told me something that I thought was worthwhile mentioning in the blog. I like to try to document these kinds of things when I remember them - so here goes. Also, for all who don't know Shane is my good friend and the drummer in No Longer Micah.

"
I have been living with a weird/annoying eye twitch in my left eye for about 2 months now.. I visited the eye doctor and he had me take eye drops for a week and after they didnt help he had me put hot and cold packs on my eye.. and it was not helping... so basically I gave up and was living with it... So then on Easter sunday my church has these communication cards you fill out and put any comments or prayer needs on them.. so I said.. "what the heck" and requested prayer for my "eye twitch" felt weird asking for prayer for that but I was fed up. Eye then forgot about it and then I received an email from the person that is leading my mission trip to mexico saying she is on teh prayer team and that she was praying for me.. and that was tuesday night.. I then realized my eye didnt twitch all day long tuesday and has yet to twitch today.. I even stared at it in the mirror for a long time last night and it didnt twitch once!

Praise God!! and keep praying that it doesnt come back!!!
"

and he also added later:
"
I've never really experienced anything like this... and its not like it was getting better or not as often.. it just went from twitchville to gone
"

I've suffered from eye twitching before in the past - and I know what a big pain that can be. Very infuriating.

It think it's a good reminder to never give up on the power of prayer (assuming it's to the one, true Almighty).

(enter verse from I Kings 18 26-29, NKJV)
"
So they took the bull which was given them, and they prepared it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even till noon, saying, “O Baal, hear us!” But there was no voice; no one answered. Then they leaped about the altar which they had made. And so it was, at noon, that Elijah mocked them and said, “Cry aloud, for he is a god; either he is meditating, or he is busy, or he is on a journey, or perhaps he is sleeping and must be awakened.” So they cried aloud, and cut themselves, as was their custom, with knives and lances, until the blood gushed out on them. And when midday was past, they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice. But there was no voice; no one answered, no one paid attention."
"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jason said...

Props to you Peter for quoting one of my favorite verses of the entire Bible. It is indeed a good thing that GOD answers prayers.

3:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home